Name:
Location: India

I traverse passages through time..through realms of uncertainty..I seek not the absolute...for what am I?...a grain of dust..a reservoir of wanderlust...peering through a delusional mirage called time...into an ever changing constant called life...not much then do I do...but 'observe'...

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Sands Of Change.. The Will Of The Heart

My closest buddy Devarshi had, just a couple of days ago, quoted a line from the movie 'Fallen'.. the gist of which went like..' Most of the time, the question on a person's mind is tryin to figure out what the hell is going on '. When I think of it now.. this seemingly simplistic statement more or less sums up every individual's quest for understanding the role of every significant or non significant change in the smaller and larger scheme of things in his life.
Having just floated through a pretty enjoyable 2 week mini vacation at home, I returned to college life for a summer training course, and although my heart was still at home, I knew it was important to brace myself for the coming challenges which lay ahead, and prepare myself for any unexpected turns that would throw up in the course of events to follow. Unexpected, a few moments in the day certainly were. In fact, to be honest, some unexpected moments had been paying me constant visits since the last couple of days. In fact, these moments had almost assured me of a disappointing day, but for the four letter warrior called hope, which was and is still riding bravely in the dark alleys of my heart.
Training in Linux, now seems a much more testing ordeal, and the 30 day period myth has now been blown to pieces, with the course requirements clearly suggesting a minimum of 40 days and 160 hrs, hence providing a death blow to my plans of visiting Chennai. That was something I just about managed to gulp, when a talk with my cousin Garima, whom I had so proudly testified as one of my truest and closest friends, made me realise that certain glitches do exist in the network that connects every heart. Whether they arise out of fear, or a so called 'practical nature', I do not know, but they are glitches for sure, and my philosophy of life will never find them acceptable. If this were happening a good two three years ago, I'd probably be in an extremely depressed condition, my spirit sagging with disappointment and my hope unable to withstand the strain... but with experience and wisdom having emblazoned the last couple of years in my life, I have calmly taken it in my stride, despite my apparent disappointment.
Garima spoke to me about the fear of emotional attachments, and the pain of expectations. Thankfully, my personal experiences and thought receptions from various sources have tuned me to an idea that believes in the importance of these feelings, despite the pain attached. Yes, human nature does draw a soul towards pain and angst when it decides to get emotionally attached, but the soul does gain something which can never be gained otherwise. Speaking of my personal experiences, the emotional bonding with my closest pal Devarshi has had a great influence on my life. To quote him - 'Together we have broken all the norms and rules of a perfect life, and we've actually ended up enlightening ourselves each time'. Experiencing the warmth and closeness of an emotional bond enables us to read first hand from the book of life. It is 'experience' in the purest form. What we learn, what we experience from throwing ourselves into this storm of pain and anguish, can never be learnt by steering away from it and never daring to reach out. If we do so, we only have an unharmed soul to show for it, but if we choose not to forego love, just for fear of the pain, we possess a wiser, truly enlightened, and happier soul.
People may argue that emotional attachments have the potential to drive a person away from his priorities in life. While distractions may arise as a result of over involvement, the wise soul knows the difference between a true emotional bonding, and over attachment which results in the neglect of priorities. In my view, fulfilling or realising one's destiny in life is a way of showing our respect to life for the great gift that life itself is to us. It is the only obligation we have on this planet. If we run away from our priorities, our goals, our dreams, our destiny, we show a disrespect towards life itself. The wise soul knows that when we truly love or care for someone, we are never drawn away, but drawn towards our dreams. We have come onto this earth, both to 'love' and 'live'. One purpose cannot be fulfilled without the other 'or' at the cost of the other. The two terms are perfectly interrelatable and incomplete without one another
Finally, I'd like to offer a simple analogy connecting 'love' and 'life'. Life is never like a still water lake, it is more like an ocean easily subjectible to storms, or say a bumpy road. Now how many people would give up life just because of the fear of these persistent roadblocks. No sane person would die just so that he can avoid life's problems. Similarly, I don't see why the hell should a person discard emotional attachments, just because he fears the web of expectations and despair. Maturity will always breed wisdom and greater understanding of avoiding this pain, and not by any means will it advocate the discarding of emotional ties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home